English Practicum

-TOEIC-
Part I: Question-Response

Question 1
You wil hear:
1.Ms. Morikawa has worked here for a long time, hasn’t she?
(A)At three o’clock
(B)No, I’ve lost my watch
(C)More than ten years

2.Which of this paper has a wider circulation?
(A)The morning edition
(B)Get more exercise
(C)By messenger

3.Have you been to Paris before?
(A)No, they don’t have it
(B)No, we don’t
(C)That’s a good idea

4.Why don’t we get something to eat after the meeting?
(A)Because we are early
(B)No. We don’t
(C)That’s a good idea

5.Has Mr. Gaecia given you an assignment or you can help me for a while?
(A)I’m free all morning
(B)Mr. Garcia’s present was very nice
(C)Yes, you can

Part II: Short Conversation

Question 1:
You will hear:
1. (Man) : We should think about finding another restaurant for lunch.
(Woman) : Why? The food and service here are great.
(Man) : Yes, nut the prices are going up every week.


You wil read:
1.Why is this man unhappy with the restaurant?
(A)It Is too noisy
(B)It is too expensive
(C)It is too crowded
(D)It is too difficult to find

Pertanyaan 2
You will hear:
2. (Woman A) : How was Dr. Brog’s recent trip to Singapore?
(Woman B) : She enjoyed the tour of the port very much.
(Woman A) : They say it’s one of the most active in Asia


You wil read:
2.Why did Dr. Brog find interesting?
(A)The tourist center
(B)The airport
(C)The musical performance
(D)The harbor

Pertanyaan 3
You will hear:
3. (Man A ) : We’ll need to surface this whole stretch of highway.
(Man B) : Is that really necessary? We did this section last year
(Man A) : I know. The heavy traffic in this area has ruined it already.


You wil read:
3.Who are the speakers?
(A)Police officers
(B)Physical Therapist
(C)Road Engineers
(D)Certified Accountants

Part III: Short Talk

You will hear:
Question 1 and 2 refer to the following announcement
Good afternoon and welcome abroad Nordair Flight 857 from Copenhagen to Bangkok, with
intermediate stops in Dubai and Calcutta. We are preparing for departure in a few minutes. At this
time your seat should be returned to it’s full upright position and your seat belt should be fastened.
Our participated total flying time to Dubai is six hours and twenty-five minutes. I hope you enjoy the
flight.

You will read:
1.What is the final destination of the flight?
(A)Bangkok
(B)Copenhagen
(C)Dubai
(D)Calcutta


You will read:
2.What will happen in a few minutes?
(A)The flight will land in Dubai
(B)The passengers will board the plane
(C)The plane will take off
(D)The gate number will be announced

-Asking & Giving Help-
Barry: Could you give me a hand this weekend?
Larry: Doing what?
Barry: Landscaping my yard.
Larry: That sounds like a big job.
Barry: It might be, it depends on how I decide to do it.
Larry: You don’t know yet?
Barry: I can’t make up my mind. I’m vacillating between desert landscape with cacti or lush green grass with lots of flowers. What do you think it should be?
Larry: Well, a desert landscape has a lot less maintenance, but nothing beats a nice green lawn.
Barry: Thus my dilemma. What would you do?Larry: Let me ask you this- how much time will you spend out there.
Barry: With my schedule, probably not much.
Larry: Then I would go with the desert. Keeping up a grass lawn is a lot of work.Barry: Yea, I think you're right.
RESOURCES: http://www.scribd.com/doc/40281359/Contoh-Toeic-Test


-Greeting-
Steve : “Hi, my name is Steve. It’s nice to meet you.“
Jack : “I’m Jack. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Steve.“ 
Steve : “What do you do for a living Jack?“
Jack: “I work at the bank.“ 
Steve : “What is your name?“
Jackson : “Jackson.” 

Steve : “What was that again?“
Jack : “Hey John, how have you been?“
John : “What a surprise. I haven’t seen you in a long time. How have you been?“
Jack: “I’m doing very well. How about you?“
John: “I finally have some free time. I just finished taking a big examination, and I’m so relieved that I’m done with it.“
Steve : “Andy, it’s been a long time, how are you man?“
Andy : “What a surprise. I haven’t seen you in a long time. How have you been?“
Steve : “Do you come to this restaurant often?“
Andy : “I’ve been here a couple of times, but I don’t come on a regular basis.“


RESOURCES: http://penggunaantensesgrammarbahasainggris.blogspot.com/2011/02/contoh-percakapan-greeting-contoh.html



Komentar

Postingan Populer